Sunday 29 April 2007

The new beaker for his milk!

The first morning with his new beaker he drunk nearly it all, the second morning he left nearly it all and i was that concerned that he'd drunk so little that i went and got a bottle and fed him with that and the little monster drunk it all from his bottle. Is it far too early for him, at only 10months for me to have such high expectations of him?? and if he's happy with this bottle should i let him keep it? or should i be strong and stand my ground?? (do feel guilty standing my ground with it tho)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say stand your ground. While you might feel guilty he'll get the hang of it. If it makes you feel any better you are doing his teeth the world of good by moving onto the cup now, according to the dental hygenist that came into our baby talk classes the sooner you swap to cup from bottle the lowerthe risk of damage to his teeth. Stop press, she can sit unaided! at 24weeks, I'm so proud!

Em said...

Thanks Eli that gives me the re-assurance i need! 24weeks sitting is great! Clever little miss you've got there! Em x

Christy said...

I can't get Porgie to drink milk from her cup - She only likes water in her cup. I also can't get her to drink soymilk - she only wants formula. I think we are in for a rough transition.

Anonymous said...

My baby still can't take enough by cup to make the switch. In fact right now I can't get her to eat very much food at all, just bottles for her thanks very much. Babies are tricky! I guess just gradually try to switch?