Thursday 12 April 2007

What a little monster he's turning in to.......

Sleep - Now he doesn't want a morning sleep, but i don't want him having a afternoon sleep or he wont go to bed at night. Oh what fun! When he's put in his cot he sticks his bum in the air and rolls over then kicks his legs laughing! He's been up during the night loads, he's generally sat up in his cot waiting for one of us to come in - really pi**ing me off now and then he wont go back to sleep, so after I've been up 2hours he ends up in bed with us, where he sometimes will sleep.

Food - He will eat bread, pasta and generally any carbs but no chance with fruit and veg at the moment. I am getting rather fed up with making a meal and him hardly eating any. He has 3x7oz bottles per day. Breakfast, 2pm and bedtime. The last few days hes been eating less and less, 5oz breakfast, 2oz afternoon and 5oz bedtime, think i might just give in a drop the afternoon one off, think i don't like the change!



Mobility - He's off..... everything is now fair game, he will chase everything crawling. He's pulling him self up on everything and standing very easily but he forgets to hold on! He also now like to walk round with you holding his hands - poor Mummy and Daddy's backs hey. He can now get over the door step so need a gate for our back door! Couldn't find him this morning and his was hiding in the long curtains in our lounge, which he thought was very funny!



And he's also turning into a tele addict, don't want him watching too much. I know they say is not bad for children but i think in small doses is best. I've heard people comment that their child wont eat unless distracted by TV, i really don't want to end up in that situation.

Last night he was giggling like a proper little person, he couldn't stop, the type of giggle that hurts your tummy. Well it hurt Mummy and Daddy's laughing at him which just made the giggling worse - it really was fantastic! I'll post it if i can catch it!

He may be a little monster but he's a lovely monster!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Regarding the sleep issues (not that anyone should listen to me - Porgie is the worst sleeper ever), I have heard that overtired babies sleep horribly at night. Maybe you could experiment with nap time. If he doesn't want to take a morning nap, maybe postpone it until 1:00. That way, he would still wake up at a decent hour.

Regarding the bottle, Porgie also refuses to drink much from her bottles. It took me a few weeks to adjust, but I am no longer fretting over it. But, it is so hard not to worry about formula intake. SO HARD.

Regarding the babyproofing, despite the fact that Porgie can ctawl really fast now, I still haven't babyproofed. I need to get my ass moving!

S said...

That's cute about hiding in the curtains!
I love giggling. They get such big smiles and wide eyes, it's contagious.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, he sounds like such a big boy now.

My baby also really wants to watch TV. I try to limit it, but from time to time I think it's okay.

I read that they can sleep in the afternoon as long as they're up by 4-5. But it depends on when you want him to go to bed!