Friday 13 April 2007

What a crap Mummy today! Feeding him fish & chips!

After a last minute night out, last night I'm feeling rather rough and hungover! We've been to the supermarket for a change this week rather than internet shopping and bought lots of nice healthy food. But at tea time i really couldn't be bothered to cook so we've had good old fish, chips and mushy peas for tea. I know some Mums will be disgusted with me doing that! I added no salt or vinegar to his food and i removed the batter off his fish, it all went down a treat. He's been a bottomless pit all day, had porridge from a spoon YES I SAID SPOON and even eaten all his afternoon bottles!

On Wednesday night he woke up in the middle of the night and when i went in he was sat up as per usual, i tried for 20mins to get him to sleep and even resorted to rocking him, he was nearly asleep and i put him is his cot and he sat up again! By this point my patience had gone, i left him sat in his cot and went and got back in bed, we were listening to him crying and i asked my husband to leave him to cry because i knew he was dying to get up and cuddle him. We listened to him cry for what seemed forever but in reality it was 4mins and he went back to sleep in his own! First time ever, just to add i was only planning to leave him 5mins crying - not into controlled crying but i was knacked and fed up. RESULT!

How things can change over a few days!

6 comments:

hilly said...

i know what you mean about controlled crying, itdoesn't appeal to me either. i bet you were a bit thrown when he went to sleep by himself - did you have to go and check he really was asleep?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes I get really annoyed, too. It happens to everyone. Just 4 minutes of crying is pretty good!

It's always so funny to read about your giving him tea. I know you mean lunch, but I always visualize your giving him a cup and saucer.

Christy said...

Porgie does that sitting up thing at night too. Very annoying. I am glad he went back to sleep on his own.

S said...

Definitely one of the harder things to work through. We've had to do it with K, but stretch it to 10 minutes at a time. Seems like forever but he fights sleep to the bitter end.
It has gotten much better, though.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the sleep thing. This is a brilliant blog, it really cheered me up when I discovered it.FIL and MIL don't approve, apparently because I'm not spooning mush into Caitlyn's mouth 3 times a day I'm starving her (shes 5 months) seeing billy tucking into food happily really encouraged me that I'm doing the right thing. Thankyou

Em said...

Hilly - i darent look in just incase he was awake so i stood listening outside the room, then the floor board creaked!

Eva - You've made me laugh, i can ingine him drinking fro cup and sauce too! Think it might be a northern thing, just to confuse you dinner is normally lunch and tea is normally tea but if i'm thinking about what i'm writing i do write them correctly. Bet your now confused! LOL Thanks for the comment about my wedding dress, i do love my wedding photos. I kept my dress a secret untill the day and when i walked in everyone took a huge gasp.

Eli - Welcome! Glad you like my blog, some bablies dont eat properly until 8-9months with BLW and thay dont starve, do what ever suits you!