Monday 9 April 2007

Rude and ungrateful ducks!

After seening on Eva's blog that they'd been feeding ducks, i decided we needed to. Off we went equipped with bread and baby. Well the first place we went to was Ulley the ducks were too far away and weren't interested in our bread when i threw it, the second place we went to was Thrybergh and the ducks were plenty close enough but still didn't want our bread! The bread we had was a French stick I'd chopped up, wished i hadn't and then when it hit the duck I'd have got their attention! (bit like the film About a Boy - LOL) SO ALL IN ALL A RUBBISH DUCK FEEDING EXPERIENCE!

Oh and nearly forgot, Billy now communicates he's hungry or thirsty by smacking his lips together and making clicking noises - Very funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is WRONG with the British ducks? Ours are always totally enthused to see us. They waddle over at top speed and eat whatever crap we've brought with us and beg for more! Huh, weird about your ducks. Sorry!

Christy said...

I have to admit, I have never had really good experiences with ducks. The college I attended, had a pond with ducks rear the food court. All of the students would feed the ducks - so they became obsessed with humans. Sometimes I would be walking to class, and several ducks would start bullying me. I tried to explain that I didn't have any food, but they were mean anyways. Now, I secretly fear ducks and don't want them anywhere near me.

Hannah Walker said...

Must be your bread Em pmsl! Ours come up to you as soon as you approach! haha :o)