Wednesday 18 April 2007

Work again!

I'll make it short or at least I'll try!

I am really unhappy at work, my new boss is terrible previous post. I have been hearing rumours about him getting the bullet, so while he's on holidays this week I've asked my regional manager about it. In normal regional manager style he's not giving much away, apart from things will be changing. So i then asked if Cheryl a manager that i know is in the running for his job, he replied no, so i said well she thinks its a done deal and the job is hers. Turns out he's been asking people who he thought would be interested, if they really are?! But before i even got chance to tell him I'm not interested he told me i wouldn't be considered as i am not experienced enough and don't work enough hours.... very nice of him. I do have the experience but its not current as it seems I'm been punished for having a baby and taking 10months maternity leave, the funny thing is i didn't actually want the job until I've been told i cant have it! Back in the real world once home and talking to my husband, i don't really want it but i am rather upset, that my years of hard work don't earn me any respect! And even worse one of the people asked if they are interested in my Boss's job is my previous deputy manager Sarah, who i trained. I am trying to be the bigger person and accepting that my life has changed and that i don't want the job but its hard as its what I've always aspired too! Don't get me wrong i am proud that Sarah is considered capable of doing the job and that i trained her up for it but also at the same time i feel hugely insulted. As my husband says tho better the devil you know.......

I've got to remember my baby wont be little for long and that its my choice to work part time, i know one day I'll have my career back! And I'd rather have my beautiful boy than work!

6 comments:

Christy said...

Billy is so much more important than work - I'd work part time too. Its sounds like they don't appreciate you at work.

hilly said...

some companies seem to allow their managers to have such bad people management skills!
don't get me started on being punished for having babies - it really is unfair and i can feel a rant coming on...
rise above it - you have a beautiful family to go home to, they probably don't!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so sorry. That sucks. I know how hard it can be to balance baby and career (not personally, but at my old job lots of women were having babies and having a hard time combining that with work). I'm glad your terrible boss might be going away, though! It's no fair how maternity leave and part-time get you lost respect, though.

S said...

You've got it, Billy's only young once. Enjoy every bit of it. :-)
Poo on anyone else who gives you grief about it.

As for the job, I'm sure it stings to not even be considered. If you can take anything from it, let it be that it will allow you to lavish more attention on Billy.

If that doesn't work, go get chocolate! That always works for me.

Em said...

Yeah chocolate always the answer!

Jeasmin said...

there will always be another job, but there is only one billy! imagine if you missed out on his growing up but became had a fab job - would you be happy?

Jeasmin