Friday 15 June 2007

The weather, it rained and it rained and it rained.......

It has now rained solid for the last two days, i can only remember been this bad twice in my life. Over 5ft of rain has fallen in some areas. I know its joked that it rains a lot in the UK but this has been excessive, there is flooding all over the region, people been evacuated from their houses and roads closed. A 5-10minute journey home from work took nearly a hour today, the roads were snided and most public transport cancelled. The picture below is one of the causes of my long journey home.


This picture is of a pub called Nellie Denes, in Rotherham where Billy's Nanny P lived once with her parents when they were the the licences, was then called the Bridge Inn. Its not a nice pub but in its day it was. (Nanny P is my fathers wife)

I know this is not bad in comparison to other countries but its strange for mine, on Monday we were trying to cool Billy bedroom down as it was 28degrees and today the heating is back on and its p***ing it down!

And the rain continues........ hope it rains that much my course cant go ahead Monday! LOL

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

this happened in reno last year people one street away were being flooded but i was fine. it was so annoying because it was like people forgot how to drive!

Christy said...

That is scary. I hope your house is on a big hill!

S said...

I hope it stops raining soon! We had something similar about a month ago in a neighboring state, maybe 40 miles from here.

Antropóloga said...

Shit that's a lot of rain!