Wednesday 27 June 2007

I know i'm going on and on and on about flooding!

My life is turning in to flood hell! Before i start, no my house hasn't been flooded and everyone is safe!

The sun is out like it never rained, most roads look dry, there is dust and mud everywhere. Both our work places are a disaster, mud, water, sewage and god knows what else! I am on holiday from work this week but needed to see what the damage was. So here goes pictures again - SORRY! Only glad we work for massive company's who the cost of repairs and closure of the business is not really a impact to. (yes most have insurance but not a quick process)

Our repair centre where the floor is normally white!

Our shop floor! (normally wood effect, not mud effect)
Me and the other managers in the get up we had to wear before entering the building, yes we went over the top pulling the huds up!

The rain is due back on Saturday, not good! The dam at Ulley is safe for now thankfully and lets hope its not a down poor like Monday and Tuesday this week, or the clean up wont have been worth doing!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

You guys remind me of something out of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory!

...funny...

but, sorry about all of the flooding.

Here in Texas, I heard on the radio that we've have 3X the normal rainfall for June.

I'm sooooo tired of the rain!

Antropóloga said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe the ruin!

If we had just a tiny bit of your rain. Wish we could trade!

S said...

At least you're trying to have some humor about it all.

Hope things dry up soon!