Tuesday 1 May 2007

Its time to get up at 5am Mummy & Daddy!

I haven't mentioned it for a while as thing aren't bad, we have been using controlled crying and with persistence its worked a treat. He's pretty much always gone to sleep at bedtime no prob, he still screams during the night if he looses his dummy but once the plug is in he's gone again. I've had to use it for his day time naps, as shush patting doesn't now work since he can move so quick and then be stood up in a millisecond. Never really agreed with CC but since he's no longer a little baby i thought it was worth a try and persistence has paid off he now goes in his cot for naps screams for about 30seconds, moans for another 2mins and he's gone. BIG BIG ISSUE now is that he gets up at 5am most mornings, which really is not good! Tried making the upstairs darker and his bedroom darker which did work the first day, he stayed in bed until 715am the first morning but since then he's been up anything between 5am-630am. Any suggestions welcome! I know I've had it pretty good and some people never get a nights sleep but when its not what your used to its a pain!

4 comments:

Eva said...

5:00 AM does not sound like a fun time to start the day. We have bad nights and are often up around then but we can usually convince him (or her, or both) to go back to sleep). I have no good advice, though, sorry!

Christy said...

Sometimes Porgie wakes up around 5:30 am and wants to play. I just leave her in the crib until she really starts crying. Most of the time, she goes back to sleep within an hour.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's so nice to get rest. I'm used to it too so when I don't get it it's so much worse. Last night was rough. My baby now gets up earlier than I'd like but what can you do, really? When they're up they're up.

hilly said...

oooo, we have the same problem at the moment. it's driving us mad, and if you do get any tips i'd love to hear them!