Wednesday 23 May 2007

In nearly a month, YES a month and Billy will be ONE whole year old!

Planning his birthday party is turning into a nightmare!

To start we were just going to have small BBQ, well that idea doesn't seem possible.

Few reasons, if you invite one of our friends, you have to invite them all and they all have been breeding! Breeding?? Well yes, nearly all of your friends have gone from a couple to a family and if not, they are ready to pop a family. We have 2 couples due to have a baby soon and have over 7couples who have babies that go up to the age of 3yrs! COMPLETE NIGHTMARE, this doesn't include, his Grand Parents, Aunties, Uncles and 4 cousins!

Problem is that we've been invited to all party's for the babies that have had them, i don't want my baby's birthday to go unnoticed so i think I am going to invite everyone. This may seem excessive but I'm thinking of hiring a ball pit, i know Billy wont really use it but if i keeps the the 11+kids quiet and from wrecking my garden/house it'd be worth every penny. My house is a quiet big detached and the garden is all usable space and fenced in all the way around, so i think it will be OK! Can you tell from my post that i am really panicking? who'd have thought a 1yr old party could be such a nightmare?? And its gonna cost a fortune!

I think I've lined my self up for this in the past, as when we bought our house we were about the only couple to have bought a house, so we used to have BBQ's and invite everyone and now its just expected!

Only bonus will be that later when kids have gone and we are pi**ed the adults can use the ball pit!

Am i mad?? I know i know i do think about things too hard but i like to plan every last detail!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not at all. A friend of ours invited 100 people to their baby's 1st birthday, hired a function room the works! most of them hadn't even met the kid before! In comparison to that your ideas make perfect sense, I want a ball pool!
Good luck. (currently planning a joint 25th/21st party so I sympathise!

Em said...

Thanks! Good luck with Party, I think tosh just wants ball pool for him!

Christy said...

Wow! You really have your hands full. Since we don't live close to family or friends, we are just going to the beach for Porgie's birthday (in 3 weeks! AHHHH!).

Anonymous said...

I am really excited about planning a first birthday party, too. I think what you've planned sounds great!