Tuesday 27 March 2007

My Octopus Baby

Since learning to roll over and crawl, he had become a little octopus! He wont lay still when been dressed, having nappy changed, put to sleep in his cot, sat on the floor, burped, bathed....... his arms are everywhere, thing you thought he couldn't reach manage to make their way to him and its always my things he grabs not his own. He dangles his arms between to bars of his cot in hope to reach anything! Do babies have radar on stuff that they aren't meant to touch???

He's suddenly no longer a little baby who needs help with everything, turning into little Mr Independent! He wont even let me put his dummy in sometimes, he wants to hold it himself then put it in - very cute tho!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a big, grown-up baby! That's the sort of developmental thing I get upset about. Where's my baby who needs me???

I'm likewise having trouble with diaper changes. My baby has lots of other places she'd rather be (scooting on her back, not crawling). And yes she always wants my things.I think she figures if I think they're so fun and touch them all the time, she wants a try, too!

Christy said...

Porgie is going through the same exact thing. I have been sick for the past few days. Porgie is absolutely fascinated with tissues. She manages to grab every tissue within a 10 foot radius. So, I understand your frustration.

Em said...

I thik everything is fair game now - its a battle to dress him now.